Saturday, August 10, 2013

My Cooking Philosophy

“The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. 
 In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude.”-Julia Child

When I was a little girl, I loved to dance! I would tell Daddy to put on "bumpy music" (which is what I called music like C+C Music Factory, etc.) and I would dance until I just couldn't move my little legs anymore. I couldn't hear anything but the music and the sound of my own heartbeat. I'm quite certain that I looked like a total dork, but I didn't care. Dancing made me happy.


Naturally, my parents saw my love for dancing and signed me up for dance classes! They always let me pursue my passions. So, I took ballet, tap and jazz dancing lessons, and guess what...

I hated it!


It wasn't the teacher or the silly little outfits that made me dislike the classes. It was the fact that they were classes. I didn't want to be told how to dance...I just wanted to move my way!

In my mind, cooking and dancing are a lot alike.  They both can be an art or a science. For example, you can call it a plie or you can just bend your knees. You can follow a recipe exactly, or you can add a dash of garlic, just because you like garlic.

So, that's my cooking style. I free form my meals. And I hope you do too.

I hope my posts are used as muses, not textbooks. Make it your own!
 
Dance to the beat of your own drummer and add a dash of spice to your kitchen.

With gratitude,

Keeka

2 comments:

  1. You have certainly touched my spirit with your spirit! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's so meaningful. The feeling is mutual!

      Thank you.

      Delete

Feel free to tell me what you think!